Monday, February 7, 2011

EPIK INTERVIEW

After electronically submitting all my documents, my recruiter informed me that I had a Skype interview with EPIK. We picked a date and time (I made sure to keep in mind the 13 hours).

My cousin told me that looks and presentation matter a lot to Koreans, so I showered and prettied myself up. I wore a dress shirt and sat there anxiously staring at my Skype for about an hour. I received a request at the exact time that we arranged and accepted it.

I was surprised at how young and cute the guy was!

He was really nice. I have a horrible memory, but here are some of the questions that he asked me:
* Tell me about yourself.
* Why do you think you'll be a good teacher
* What's my teaching philosophy
* How will I deal with home sickness
* How will I deal with culture shock
* What I think makes a good teacher and why
* Why I would make a good teacher (my qualities)
* If I had any questions for him

(I kill interviews. I just know that it's one of my strengths. I was NERVOUS, but confident. He was also so good looking, that I might've added a hint of charm. I was smiling the whole time. He was typing down my answers, but every time he would look up at the screen, he'd start smiling as well. Easy breezy.)

My rule is to always have a question for the employer.

I asked him what he thought would make a good teacher and he told me enthusiasm. I said that I have a lot of that and he told me that it was obvious. After we were done, he told me that it was take 3-5 days to notify me if I "got" the job.

I checked my email within the next 3 hours and I received a congratulatory email from my recruiter! I was ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment